Our Butterfly XL razor is built with the same durable components as our regular Butterfly, but we’ve made the handle longer!
At 4.5” in length, the Butterfly XL gives you more grip for your shave. Why a longer handle? Simply put, it’s a matter of preference.
- For all genders & shaving needs
- Delivers a close, razor burn-free shave
- Built to last with a high-polished finish (no rust ever!)
- Comes with 10 reusable blades & a hemp storage bag
- Fits all standard double-edge safety razor blades
- Zero plastic waste
How to Use
How to load a blade in a butterfly style razor:
- Twist the bottom of the shaver handle to open the wings of the blade holder.
- Simply place a blade (be careful - it's sharp!) on the platform and twist the bottom in the opposite direction to tighten the blade holder wings over the blade.
- You're ready to shave!
Get your replacement blades for only €0.25 per blade!
How to shave:
- Wet hair with warm water.
- Lather shaving cream onto skin (A brush will help create a better lather and to lift the hair).
- Hold the blade at a 30 degree angle and let the weight of the handle do the work. Do NOT pull the razor across your skin like you would with a plastic disposable razor.
- Use short strokes, about 2 inches long, especially when you first switch to using a safety razor.
- Finish with after shave ointment or lotion.
Need more help? Watch this video to learn how to shave with a safety razor.
How to take care of your razor:
- Rinse all the soap/ hair/ gunk from your razor after each use.
- Shake your razor to dry it. Using a towel to dry will make your blades duller.
- Ensure your razor is stored in a dry spot to increase the life of your blades.
- If you notice any corrosion, rub that spot vigorously with a terry cloth towel, or a small piece of emery cloth.
- Ensure your razor is clean and dry to make it last longer!
Frequently Asked Questions
You will receive an email notification once your order has been shipped. Most orders ship within 5 business days. All orders arrive in plastic-free packaging.
Shipping within the EU and the UK is €7.50 or FREE with any order over €79.
Returns & Warranty
Due to the sanitary nature of our product, we do not accept any returns or issue refunds.
If you experience issues that may be due to manufacturing defects, please contact us to discuss a replacement.
Blade Take Back Program
Introducing the world’s first zero-waste razor solution! Each Albatross razor comes with 10 free blades and an envelope to collect your used blades in. The used blades can then be sent back or dropped off at a participating collection site.
Each return envelope can hold a maximum of 40 blades (4 blade packs).
We use the Take Back metal to make new (non-razor) products that have direct environmental benefits. We don’t just recycle. We upcycle! Learn more about our sustainable Take Back Ware.
We appreciate your participation in the program and your commitment to helping rid our earth of plastic!
Learn more about the Blade Take Back Program.